LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

DAY 9 - NAPOWRIMO 2011

Posted to Writers Island


THE BEDSITTER

What’s in the fridge then?
Cup-a-soup, already made
As luck would have it
Yesterday, the day before
Microwave, highest setting

Four or five minutes
Old stuff edible again
Nuke it; only way
It’s not worth taking chances
Especially on Friday night

Oh great… wholemeal bread!
What’s wrong with Mothers Pride White
Bit hard round the crust
Pack left open in the fridge?
…Can’t wait till Sunday at Mum’s

14 comments:

  1. Mums! Good to have them! Sometimes we are too late to appreciate that. And sometimes there is nothing to appreciate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mariya; Where would we be without them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, no one cooks like mum's - yet a secret never to be told to wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anthony; Oh yes - mum's the word...

    ReplyDelete
  5. family and food
    great combination =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lucychili; Aren't they just!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom's German potato salad: right up there with Grandma's fudge. Oy. Don't get me started.
    Cool write, Trunker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss my mom's cooking, Stan. Mine just doesn't seem to be the same, though I try;)

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it is necessary to take drastic steps. I married a woman who cooks better than Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun write...but my mom wasn't much of a cook! LOL, and I'm not so great myself and now I'm the Grandma!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL - I was just thinking today that it's been far too long since I've been home for some of my mom's cooking! My fridge just holds doggy-bags until it's time for them to be thrown away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL This would do your mum's heart good to read. Love this!

    http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/04/809-pm.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you tried Marmite? Or Marmalade doorsteps?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to everyone for your visits and comments.

    ReplyDelete