LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

DAY 26 - NAPOWRIMO 2011

Posted to Writers Island


FAST FOOD TO TAKE AWAY OR SIT-IN

To the chippy with Charlie it is then
“Fish ‘n’ chips twice mate,” Charlie shouts
Looks like he’s ignoring you, Charlie boy
“Fish ‘n’ chips twice mate,” he shouts again

“I heard you the first time, second and third
Saying ‘fish ‘n’ chips twice’ two times, makes four
Makes some people laugh… but you look drunk
So I’ll just… get your fish ‘n’ chips… twice”

“That would be nice, if you’d be so kind
Because what I really wouldn’t like
Is to have to ask you for a sixth time
I know my limit and you should know yours”

“Ha ha… a sixth time… I like your style…
O.K I’ll… just get on with it then”
“You’re a gentleman and a scholar
But I bet you already knew that”

“Oh, by the way, is it takeaway
Or is it, perchance, to sit-in?
Thought I’d better ask, ‘cos you never did say
And I wouldn’t like to get it wrong”

“Is that another one of your daft ‘jokes’… ?”
“What d’you mean…? Oh, I see… SIT in
You don’t wanna be sitting in your food
…I really never thought of it like that”

19 comments:

  1. You are funny, no two ways around it, maybe six, but I know my limits.
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to:
    Brenda; Glad to hear it :)
    Mad Kane; If the chips are a joke - take them with a pinch of salt... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I'mnotaverse; Just for laughs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in a great groove at the moment, Stan - don't disappear on us when April's over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Viv; It's been coming and going a bit, but I feel back on track now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dialog. Love these tangles.
    I thought you might like THIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ron; Had fun writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever poem, one that begs to be read aloud! The ending was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mary; I saw it on a sign outside a fast food place and thought...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mostly take out, but do occasionally sit in, and just as you suggest, that can be dangerous. You are on a roll, and I'm enjoying this morning grin, smile, and laugh aloud. Keep it coming, Stan,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed Stan, you are funny and fun to read in the morning. Thanks.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to:
    Elizabeth; Would you like fries with that...? :)
    Pamela; If I can put smiles on faces, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at the title - and it just got better and better. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always late to the gate when reading others' posts...so I don't get to read yours in the morning, but after a long day at work...an equally fun time to read a fun poem! I, too, have enjoyed your work and hope to continue seeing it after NaPoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to:
    Mr.Walker; Glad you enjoyed...
    Whenwordsescape; No reason not to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Should be read aloud for sure! Great pleasure in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Mariya; I might just try it.

    ReplyDelete