LEADERS - not followers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

DAY 7 - NAPOWRIMO 2011

Posted to Writers Island

SUPER


Only takes a minute
Innit?
A smile
A nod and a wink
Don’t you think?
And sworn enemies
Are reborn best friends
Time mends
The deepest rift
Attitudes shift
And happy days
Replace the haze
And hopes are raised
Remember yesterday’s
Childish game?
I claimed my dad
Was bigger than yours
But of course
Yours was bigger than mine
That’s fine
But mine drives a Batmobile
And he can see
Through solid steel
For real!
And he flies the open skies
With an ‘S’ on his chest
He’s the best!
But me
I’m no Superman
Maybe
Desperate Dan
Less than a hero
On a scale from zero
To ten
Me, a hero?
Think again!

19 comments:

  1. Delicious poeming. One for my grandson, if you permit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Viv; Permission granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing 'I'm Waiting for my man' as I write this.

    Cool Poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun one to read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to:
    Mad Kane; Takes all sorts to make a hero.
    Andy; Lou Reed, a real superhero...
    Ron; On a scale from zero to ten thats only about two!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I'mnotaverse; Funny you should say that - I'll be performing it to an audience in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A game, a contest to see who can best the other. We all play it as children, and disguise it as something else later. I agree, this is fun to read aloud.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stan, I love this! A super fun read:)

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun! :) You can wear the S on your chest for Super Poet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to:
    Elizabeth; I'm looking forward to performing it now.
    Pamela; Fun is what it's all about.
    Gloria; You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really made me smile! Very child-like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Iself; Dedicated to children everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stan ~ I agree with imnotaverse...great to hear aloud. Glad to know you'll be performing it--how fun! Perhaps you should make an audio recording to post here on your blog so we can all have a listen! :)
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is playful and fun. It reminds me of my own youth as well as the games my boys play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to:
    Whenwordsescape; I might 'bring it out' after the performance...
    Mr.Walker; My son wrote (and animated) an entire super-hero book called YES MAN and all I could come up with was one short verse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, it's a great fun! I bet my dad was the coolest of all ;-)
    And you're performing it! - I'm sure it will be great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheers Mariya: I think you got it wrong... MY dad was the coolest...!

    ReplyDelete