LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

FAREWELL

For Carry On Tuesday #50

Don’t be dismayed by good-byes
A farewell is necessary
before you can meet again



THE AGE OF CONSENT

Don’t think I left you behind
Be patient; I shall return
Dismayed, but undefeated
By prevailing attitudes

Good-byes are never easy
A love like ours will endure

Farewell; be sure my absence
Is my punishment, not yours

Necessary rules apply
Before closed minds are opened
You and I hold the key that
Can unlock hearts, to our love

Meet disapproval with hope
Again and again, for love

6 comments:

  1. wow...great idea on the prompt...nice work...your life is in your words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SGB: Sometimes they fall on deaf ears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing thoughts here! Especially love "Farewell; be sure my absence
    Is my punishment, not yours"
    That is quite a statement! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks GT; Fot whatever reason, relationships are not always accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Stan! Beautiful poem and deepth of emotion.
    Peggy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Peggy Jo; Love will find a way.

    ReplyDelete