LEADERS - not followers

Friday, April 2, 2010

DAY 1


NaPoWriMo Day 1 for Read Write Poem


MY SONG TITLES

Nobody Told Me - JOHN LENNON
Children Of The Sun - HAWKWIND
Joe’s Garage - FRANK ZAPPA
Losing My Religion - REM
My Perfect Cousin - THE UNDERTONES

HEAT

Can’t abide days like today
Thirty seven Celsius
Nobody Told Me about
Humidity you can drink

Even Children Of The Sun
Forsake their tanning duties
Opting for the poolside shade
Anything just to stay cool

I’d get in my car and drive
But the air-con doesn’t work
Joe says he’ll order the parts
And points his finger upwards

The sign above Joe’s Garage
Says ‘Put your faith in Jesus’
But on days like this I feel
I’m Losing My Religion

Unlike My Perfect Cousin
Vicar at John the Baptist
Holding an outdoor service
Congregation pray for rain

6 comments:

  1. Humidity you can drink, hah. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daimler; Sometimes it gets like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Thailand.That humidity you can slice with a knife sends me into a creative swirl.Make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rallentanda; I intend to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Changnoi; Tell me about it...

    ReplyDelete