LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DAY 27 – LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE THE LEAD

NaPoWriMo Day 27
For Read Write Poem



Carolee Sherwood wonders if you’re running on fumes like she is. She hopes her prompt takes some of the heat off and points your exhausted brain down the path where your 27th poem lies.
Take a word that’s part of you — your name, your birth month, your favorite animal, your guiding principle. Write that word vertically down a page and use the letters to start the lines of a poem. When you’re done, you’ll have an acrostic poem. (Though the prompt could be as simple as “write an acrostic poem,” the word sounds scary this late in the month. This prompt is designed to ease you into the final stretch. Don’t stress too much about the word you choose. NaPoWriMo is just for fun. Are you having fun?)


ACROSTIC

Says Sir Ten explained in brief:
Thai mispronunciation
Americanized vocal
Nuance; closing syllable
Stan transforms; becomes Sir Ten
Kow chai dai mai? Understand?
It’s all about what Stan Says

And just to show how much fun I’ve been having; here’s a limerick:


COMEDY NIGHT AT MCD.

FREE BEER… TOMORROW

Tips – they asked us to put a pound in
Beer – most of the punters were drowned in
The bar-tenders joke
Was written, not spoke
Laugh – I nearly got the next round in

13 comments:

  1. I see that Stan your the rhythmic man with limericks planned.
    I understand. Nice acrostic!

    ~Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to:
    Dan; It's on the house... tomorrow...
    Mark: I also planned to drink responsibly... but after a few... or even before... it doesn't really make that much sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try that (drinking before writing) but I reckon the rubbish would be worse than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stan always sounds so sir ten about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to:
    ViV; I should try writing sober some time %)
    Rallentanda; It's actually more like S'tairn, but sir-ten is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever thought of changing your name?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like that you play on the edge
    of the two languages =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both. The limerick cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect touch with the two languages Stan.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done Stanski....and I will have double Canadian Club

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to:
    Derrick; Trouble is, most just call me 'Farang' antway.
    Lucychili; The edge is as close as I get.
    1965; I nearly fell for the joke once upon a time.
    Pamela; 44 characters, a dozen vowel sounds, countless inflection indicators - still they mispronounce.
    Wayne;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Wayne; Sorry - don't know why my reply to youts didn't appear, but if they're on the house, I'll get you a full bottle.

    ReplyDelete