LEADERS - not followers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

BLOG BLAG

BLOG BLAG

I told a friend
About my Blog
“You’ll have to tell
Me what you think”
“OK”, he said
“I’ll check it out
When I return
From surgery”

A lengthy stay
In hospital
For my old friend.
Operation
Physio, and
Convalescence
Meant to visit
But never did

And then one day
Out of the blue
Telephone rings
“Hi there, it’s me”
“How are you now?”
“Top of the world”
“Fantastic news”
“I’ll see you soon”

Knock at the door
“Hello, old friend
Did you get chance
To see my Blog?”
“No, why should I?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, you never
Visited me
When I was bad”

How to respond?
I searched his face
A smile that said
Perhaps he had
Looked at my Blog
After all

Oh, by the way
He’d made a full
Recovery

2 comments:

  1. least he showed up. I hope sorry worked. never did for me. :) How did you take your foot out of your mouth. ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LB; No excuses - the foot came out easily enough...the shoe may be still in there.

    ReplyDelete