LEADERS - not followers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

THIS IS NOT POETRY!

For NaiSaiKu Challenge?
And The American Sandwich


AMERICAN SANDWICH

I was born and raised in pre-millennium, sleepy South Manchester.
It was a time before DVD, The Internet and Mobile Phones.
Our family home stood in a row of Victorian town-houses.


AMERICAN SENTENCE

An old school friend once described our house as ‘semi-detached on both sides’.


NANO AMERICO^

I ain’t gonna hit you.
I ain’t that John Wayne cowboy guy, I’m Marion Robert Morrison.
The hell I am!


WALLS+WIRES

Standing within inches of the Border Guard, a man was heard to cry.
“I’ve lost my passport!”
The guard reached out a hand and said, “Give me fifty, I’ll ‘find’ it for you.”


ChooseDayChoice

Last week I suggested the following American Sentence:

Students, please turn to page SEVENTEEN in your AMERICAN TEXTBOOKS.

And came up with the following American Sandwich:

Students, please turn to page SEVENTEEN in your AMERICAN TEXTBOOKS.
It begins with a good example of an AMERICAN SENTENCE.
Further down, you will find what is known as an AMERICAN SANDWICH.


‘FOUND' AMERICAN SENTENCES

Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage prohibited.
Standard Copyright Notice.

“I got no reason; it’s all too much, you’ll always find us out to lunch.”
From the song PRETTY VACANT by THE SEX PISTOLS
From the album NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS HERE’S THE SEX PISTOLS


FUTURE PROOF AMERICAN SENTENCE

Competition closes on the twenty seventh of January.


SYLLABLE SESTINA

This is not poetry!
We deserve fizz! No hot-
shot free proses, Mister!
Sir got his thesis, no?”…?
Lower piss-pot pleases”…?
‘Tis no-meter rot, this!

Dedicated to Andy Sewina, who received a letter
containing the words of the opening line
in reply to a poetry competition entry
.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Stan, and thanks for the mention!

    Cool post all round and loads to take in again. Even a Syllable Sestina!

    I used to live in a mid terraced house, now it's a semi-attached!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy; I guess it is. How's the girl next door?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have called this post NaiSaiKu Surprise - the surprise...? No NaiSaiKu.
    Click the link to the real NaiSaiKu post: AN I FOR AN I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing. This is rather like a tilt a whirl. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tumblewords; All the fun of the fair!

    ReplyDelete