LEADERS - not followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

For NaiSaiKu Challenge?
And The American Sandwich


HAIKU

There is a silence
Loud as the sum of all noise
My guilty conscience


NaiSaiKu

There is a silence
Loud as the sum of all noise
MY GUILTY CONSCIENCE
Loud as the sum of all noise
There is a silence!


AMERICAN SANDWICH AND SENTENCE

I tuned into the sports channel to check the kick-off time for City.
To my dismay, they had no game on Saturday, so I checked Sunday.
No game on Sunday either, which meant yet another Monday night game.

That means sitting up till almost dawn to watch them play against Wigan.


PARDON MY FRENCH NANO AMERICO^

Jamais un moment terne.
Lumière grisâtre d'hiver devient un rougeoiment au mois d’avril.
Paris au printemps.

OR

Never a dull moment.
Greyish light of winter becomes golden glow in the month of April.
Paris in the spring.


WALLS AND WIRES

Quite by accident, I have discovered the answer to this question.
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?
They were neck and neck all the way, but the Egg just didn’t have the legs!

Having said that…

In Breaking News; Egg scrambles to victory as Chicken bottles out.
And in the Kentucky Fried Derby, Chicken beats Egg by a whisker.
We all know that eggs come first; for breakfast, and chicken is for dinner.


‘FOUND’ AMERICAN SENTENCE

“I know it’s only Rock and Roll, but I like it, like it, yes I do.”
From the song IT’S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL by THE ROLLING STONES
From the Album IT’S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL


ChooseDayChoice Nano Americo^

My suggestion last week was to create a three-course dinner menu.
Your food menu can be anything, from School Canteen, to Haute Cuisine.
Separate sentences to include the words ‘Starter’, ‘Main course’, ‘Dessert’.

Choose American Sandwich, Nano Americo^, or Walls+Wires.

I decided to choose a Nano Americo^ style food menu.

Starter: Soup of the day.
Main Course: Fillet of Haddock, French Fried Potatoes, and fresh Garden Peas.
Dessert: Black Forest Gateau.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Titaxy; No voices in my head today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so much...silence - lots of depth.
    enjoyed the sentences. family looks serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mia; Deafening isn't it?
    I said 'Don't smile; just look natural' - I'm not a real photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan, sorry I'm running late, good selection again, I've just been told that they've forcast snow in Paris for the weekend.

    You can't beat eggs, can you? I think it was you who told me that joke in the first place.

    Here's mine: Chickens might have legs, but you can make eggs runny.

    aka Andy Sewina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andy; No worries.
    I remember going to Derbyshire one year, Mayday I think - and it snowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha - great stuff!
    The chickens scrambled but the eggs were fried. Now I feel silly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dee; How do you think I feel?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eggs for breakfast, Chicken for dinner - not again...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Changnoi; More for me if you don't want it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another amazing blaze of fun and thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tumblewords; Plenty more where that came from!

    ReplyDelete