LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

THE CREATOR HAS A MASTER PLAN

For Writers Island 2010 #3 The Key

It’s my birthday today, and I’ll be going on my travels shortly,
so I’m posting one I prepared earlier – a kind of ‘Desert Island Discs’ thingy…


ENLIGHTENMENT… DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS

Buffalo Soldier, Dreadlock Rasta
Take heed of the words of Jehovah
On bended knee and pray to the Lord
'I wanna, I wanna be adored'

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg
He’s got an uncontrollable urge
She was a case of insanity
Was it as good as it was for me?

I don’t trust you, why should you trust me?
Look through my window, what do I see?
A hustle here and a hustle there
Like the mating of the earth and air

There is no pain, you are receding
You’re no excuse for human being
Hush now baby, baby don’t you cry
Where were you when we were getting high?

Shake it on baby now, twist and shout
‘There is a light that never goes out’
No no woman, no woman no cry
Good times… they just seem to pass me by

Leave me hanging on the telephone
Send me home like an Elephant Stone
Beat the clock, you gotta beat the clock
We be to rap what key be to lock


There is a key after all - Credits:

The Creator Has A Master Plan – Pharaoh Sanders
Enlightenment, don’t know what it is – Van Morrison
Buffalo Soldier – Bob Marley And The Wailers
Words Of Wisdom – Dennis Brown
Religion – Public Image Limited
I Wanna Be Adored – The Stone Roses
Ask – The Smiths
Uncontrollable Urge – Devo
Bodies – The Sex Pistols
How Was It For You? - James
Complete Control – The Clash
The Passenger – Iggy Pop
Walk On The Wild Side – The Velvet Underground
Evening Over Rooftops – Edgar Broughton Band
Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd
Mirage – Siouxsie And The Banshees
Mother – Pink Floyd
Champagne Supernova – Oasis
Twist And Shout – The Beatles
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley And The Wailers
Lisa Says – The Velvet Underground
Hanging On The Telephone – Blondie
Elephant Stone – The Stone Roses
Beat The Clock – Sparks
The Rebirth Of Slick – Digable Planets