LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

BLIND SIDE

For Writers Island Prompt #5 2010


WITHOUT REASON

Voices in my head
Speak foreign languages
Meanings lost in translation
For reasons I don’t understand

Impulsive urges
Trigger wild reactions
Play havoc with my senses
For reasons beyond my control

Extreme perversions
Erotic; immoral
Pleasurable sensations
For reasons I won’t go into

Arrogant gestures
Cynical responses
Inconsiderate actions
For no particular reason

Erratic mood-swings
Illogical questions
Unpredictable replies
For reasons that never make sense

Distorted focus
Blurred edged images
Lapses of concentration
For reasons that remain unclear

Incomplete concepts
Confusing ideas
Lacking continuity
For reasons I cannot explain

No recollection
Misshapen reminders
Irretrievable knowledge
For reasons I can’t remember

False accusations
Fictional evidence
Spurious allegations
For reasons no one will admit

Records deleted
Identities altered
Anonymity preserved
For reasons that do not exist

Guesswork conclusions
Disorganised chaos
Inaccurate estimates
For reasons that have no basis

Download aborted
Insufficient data
Unavailable signal
For reasons that will not compute

16 comments:

  1. Somehow our blind side is a little like an Achilles heel in the human being that takes pride in being a logical creature. Interesting piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Control all cleverly written In this case for the reason that it is very recognisable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to:
    GT; Sometimes we just have to accept things.
    Marja; Excuses, blame - often easier than explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly wasn't blinded by the repetition. It worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan love the repetition in this!Well written!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. More reasons to read Without Reason!
    For reasons that only you can divulge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to:
    Anthony; I can understand that... :)
    Pamela; And they say nothing happens without a reaon.
    Andy; I'm saying nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. accept....without reason....love it Stan...thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anything have a reason? Really? Love the repetition, the chaos, the anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to:
    Wayne; No explanation required for some things.
    Linda; Most things have patterns, which we interpret as reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stan...I love the moment I recognized that you were repeating reasons...it added a playful element to your piece.

    Millions of excuses exist to mess with proper mindfulness and action. It's so easy to come up with reasons to stray from any path.

    You have provided me with a plethora. Well executed poem.
    (and your little dog is so cute.)
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Brenda; If we don't know the reason, we just make one up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. whew, lots to think about here. We all have our reasons/excuses that we use to explain ourselves. Humans are the weirdest creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Dee; Sometime any excuse will do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who needs reason anyway?? As for me, don't worry... - I've no fear atall of my dreams fading away... in fact they come closer as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Nic; That's good. There must be a reason for it?

    ReplyDelete