LEADERS - not followers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NAPOWRIMO 2013 #3

 

 

NEVER WE



I come from a place known as history
Exist in your subconscious memory
Where you remember me, just how I used to be
Where I will haunt you for now and eternity
You can believe it, you won't have to wait and see

I am the glitch in your brain's responses
Once is enough times to train you to switch
Ditch the expression of disbelief
You are the thief who steals to impress

Yes, it's for real, or at least that's what you thought
Nobody taught you, so how could you know?
You never caught on, you were always too slow...

Everyone knows that you did it to me
Hid me from those who preferred not to see

Alone together, you and I... never we...

18 comments:

  1. yikes....together yet never we...a rather unsettling thought and harsh reality man...cool rhyme scheme in this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last line is stellar:
    "Alone together, you and I... never we..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh heck..that last line made me swallow hard...tight emotions in this stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the others in saying that last line is a real kick in the chest, so to speak. Good one, Stan.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of shadow type emotions expressed in this one. And yes, I too sat back when I read that last line, but the whole piece flows well, Stan. I used one of your lines in a Cento piece I did for today, hope that's okay?

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/such-words-as-i-cannot-find-now/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work, Stan. It's resonating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very well done. favorite line: Alone together, you and I... never we...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this. I like the way it sounds when I read it aloud and the uncomfortable feeling I get at the end. But I don't think that I get it.

    ReplyDelete