LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

NAPOWRIMO 2013 #20


A NAPOWRIMO VISIT

-or-

AW... IMPROVISATION!



A brief explanation before I commence
Waiting for words that make some kind of sense...




















I'm writing this straight off the top of my head
Making it up as I think about bed
Paper and Pen, in the old-fashioned way
Ready to play?
Or call it a day?
Vocal attachment might be an idea
I'll have to speak up so that people can hear
Set up my camera in video mode
Actions speak louder, my research has showed
Timing is crucial... Or so somebody (whose name I don't remember) once said
It's getting quite late now... I'm ready for bed
Only one line left to finish this verse
Now leave a comment... Go on... Do your worst...!


Sorry about video quality and the illusion of appearing sideways... but it is VERY early Saturday morning

 
Instrumental contributions from Changnoi: Go on click them!
http://says-sir-ten.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/electric-changnoi_1729.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IYLAiYrzI2A

17 comments:

  1. Dead good! This is the future Stan! Trouble is everybody knows what you really look like now! Love the title/anagram too!
    My Day Nineteen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy... They won't recognise me with my specs on...! :)

      Delete
    2. There was a notice in the pub earlier, it said: If you need glasses don't take ours, see an optician!

      Delete
    3. I saw it... right next to the one that said 'Free Beer... Tomorrow'...

      Delete
    4. Yeah, and the other one said: If you fancy our barmaids, don't drive home.
      Here's my Day Twenty

      Delete
    5. Barmaids...? Are we talking about the same place...? I've only ever seen guys behind that bar... Not barMAIDS... barSTEWARDS!

      Delete
  2. Napo's getting to me, Stan. I can relate to your piece, and to free beer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have developed a crick in my neck but it was worth it to see/hear your eloquent delivery, Stan! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your neck Marianne... I'm not 'tired' anymore, but I can't fix the screen to portrait... Next time I'll get it right :)

      Delete
  4. Have to comeback for the video. You are more than several steps ahead of me in regards to adding anything but type.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Stan! Hearing, and seeing you read is a special gift today. Thank you,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/a-found-prose-poem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say you are tired, yet you managed this excellent post, Stan.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a chance to listen to you read. Thank you. I try to play some of your other links. But it is hit and miss on which ones work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny poem, and a cool bonus of you reading sideways!

    ReplyDelete