LEADERS - not followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

It Happens

For Monday Poetry Train Revisited
And NaiSaiKu Challenge?
And The American Sandwich
And One Single Impression - Chaos



NEED READING GLASSES…?
BEWARE CHEAP IMMITATIONS…

Easy on the eyes
See-through too, like a window
(If they’re not too weak)
IT SHOULD HAVE READ… BUT INSTEAD…
If not through the week
I’ll see you through the window
See you on the ice

SICK AS A PARROT, (DOWN) UNDER THE MOON

Thirty seven degrees Celsius at midnight in Downtown Sydney.
Half-way round the world, in Manchester, it was minus three at lunchtime.
Englishmen stayed in for mid-day snow, while Oz Mad Dogs were moon bathing.

16 comments:

  1. The snow's all but gone! Yippee!!!
    Oh, forecast says maybe more mid-week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cold at night, I bet - unlike in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, isnt it interesting to note the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, isnt it interesting to note the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice contrasts, and cleverly engineered!

    In my local pub they say: If you need glasses, don't take ours, see an optician!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever post...I enjoyed it thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading and re-reading and it's so clever and intriguing!

    Glad to have found this today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with all the others, this was great fun. Stay warm, but not too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to;
    The Dark (Lord); Almost 100 at midnight...?
    Andy; Usually come out of your local seeing double anyway...
    Sweetest;
    Sister Julia; I'm glad you liked it.
    Yousei; Difficult to keep cool where I am.
    Tumblewords; That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun we can have with words and what is chaos on the other part of the globe and while the opposite is bliss?

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why am I thinking of "Mad Dogs and Englishman" by Joe Cocker? Your poem has me smiling this day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to:
    Amity; Mad isn't it?
    Loch Rob; I was thinking along similar lines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot my reading glasses.
    See you through the looking glass. Are you wearing a hat?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Gabrielle; That's not a hat - I haven't washed my hair today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. weather posts always make an amusing read :)

    ReplyDelete