LEADERS - not followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

AMNESIA

For Carry On Tuesday




And ABC Wednesday






MOK – DOB ๑๖๑๑๑๗

GROW OLD ALONG WITH ME
THE BEST IS YET TO BE


After the accident;
that was when I started
to hold your hand
for the first time.

I stuck to you like glue,
in case I lost my way
…as well a my
mental bearings.

We’d walk around Chiangmai
behaving like tourists;
temple visits;
days at the zoo.

Summiting Doi Suthep,
Scaling Doi Inthanon,
…and those boat trips
on Mae Nam Ping…

I know you remember,
just as you know I don’t.
We won’t forget
I can’t recall.

Back at home, you would talk;
tell me all about it,
…so I would know
what I’d just done.

I only remember
forgetting all these things
because of you
…holding my hand

18 comments:

  1. Thanks to:
    Sister Julia; A true story.
    Ariel; Quite unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Carry On Tuesday I liked it and who's the good looking chic in the picture?.
    I'm posted too just follow the link below.


    For My Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story, that must have been a tough time, for you all.

    Like the way you penned this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Love images and word flow.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to:
    Larry; That's the girl who's hand I'm still holding.
    Andy; Quite a worry for everyone.
    Cassiopeia Rises; For a while nothing was flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and very moving post! I hope all is going well now.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has an emotional beauty to it. Heartfelt words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to;
    Sylvia; I tried to link to your ABC post, but couldn't get in.
    I'm fine now... I think.
    Anthony; A very scary time that just won't come back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks PS; It's all forgotten now...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a lovely story, hopeful and just a bit sad.

    As a new part of the ABC Wednesday team, I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing. Wonderful words. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to:
    Magiceye; It makes me look at things im a different way.
    Photowannabe; There must be a lot more to it, but maybe I'll never know.
    Roger Owen Green; A bit like every true story... and I'm happy to contribute to ABC.
    Tumblewords; I wish I could write fiction so well...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful...really touching and heartfelt. Also really well constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Robin; Bad memories, even loss of memory, can be worth remembering.

    ReplyDelete