LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?

FOR POW PROMPT 12


POW has been up and running for three months already. So, for a treat and for being such nice poets you can write a prompt to ' What's On Your Mind?' Let us know what you are thinking. Are you thinking about?a childhood experience joining a choir aphids in your roses your wife's family getting a tattoo learning to ride a camel changing your image redecorating learning the tango finding God becoming a hermit falling in love again broken spectacles getting a gold fish reinventing yourself starting a cult something you have read ditching a friend learning to meditate becoming a vegan a scene from a movie sending your kids to boarding school environmental issues or anything at all
Hey, I think I have just written mine!I look forward to your meaty, juicy, personal poems next Wednesday.


JUST A THOUGHT

Click to hear What Goes On

The thing on my mind is thought
The most fundamental of functions

Thoughts may be triggered by words
Perhaps a current event
A previous encounter
An action now in progress
An action already completed

Thoughts may have influences
They may be original

A thought may enter the mind
And dwell in the consciousness
Waiting to be joined by other thoughts
When the Thought Process may begin

Equally likely it may take
Residence in the sub-consciousness
Where it may lie dormant, or
Just remain under-developed
For any period of time
From a fraction of a second
To years, or even decades

When a single thought develops
Into a cohesive
Series or sequence of thoughts
Then an Idea is born

This idea may become a plan
To do, or to use something
Or to make available
The knowledge of some thing

Putting a plan into action
May be relatively simple
Or may be extremely complex
Requiring extensive research

But once put into practice
And made available
To the general public
Private organizations
Or individuals
Every idea or concept
Is subject to repercussions

Ranging from; popular acceptance
Approval and gratitude
Rejection, disappointment
Or even opposition
- To official recognition
Endorsement by authorities
Or criminal proceedings
For any number of
Potential technical infringements
From someone who thought of it first

12 comments:

  1. I suppose this is your way of letting me know that you are not going to tell me anything of a personal nature on your mind and to mind my own business:)
    Message received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan, what is on your mind is what should be on everyone's mind - there are too many thoughtless people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan, I reckon my brain might hurt if I thought along these lines but someone has to do it and I'm glad for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, NOT thinking has repercussions, too. Curious, isn't it, that the ones who feel them are rarely the ones who give them.

    I really like that twisty thought at the end. Spirit/letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to
    Rall; I just didn't want to write anything that sounded the same as someone else's...
    ViV; And those who do think should turn their thoughts into actions.
    Derrick; I'll get over the brain-ache...
    Barbara; It can be a no-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stan a mind is a terrible thing to waste!
    well said!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stan, I always enjoy hearing what you think! Your fourth stanza reminds me of the process of writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to:
    Pamela; Especially since thoughts are never wasted...
    Mary; In writing, it's definitely the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Inception last weekend, so the genesis of ideas was on my mind as well. I'm a big fan of the Velvets too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Francis; A movie I want to see, and the 1969 Live album is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Wayne; It is when it comes together...

    ReplyDelete