LEADERS - not followers

Monday, July 5, 2010

TRICK PHOTOGRAPHY

FOR POW PROMPT 10









Photo courtesy of the digital pixel mountain
(Neither Ansel Adams, nor Stan Ski claim any responsibility)

The prompt this week is the above photo.
This should challenge the imagination.
Hopefully the image will inspire some surreal and original responses.
It is time for something a little mad this week.See ya Wednesday with bells on.


SMILE PLEASE

Hold still and say ‘Cheese’
You’re on Candid Camera
Now, watch the birdie
Careful with that macro lens
You’ll have somebody’s eye out!


MACROBATICS

Since about 1984
My big brother’s been watching me
Through the lens of his automatic
Photographic device
Now I must keep my eye on him
Keeping his eye on me

This close up attention to detail
Is taking the zoning system
One f-stop step too far
Wouldn’t you agree, Ansel?

It may be a contradiction
To say this over-exposure
Develops to project
A negative image of me
Making my actions transparent
When I wish to remain low-key


ONE IN THE EYE FOR CUSTOMS

One can only imagine
Original intention
To ‘deter terrorist acts’
However, on reflection
(and two weeks in Majorca)
Government announcement
That the vast majority
Of ordinary tourists
Who’d endured the procedure
Felt it an infringement
On their civil liberties
An intrusion on their rights
And so the Coalition
Confirmed it intends to scrap
Plans to make compulsory
The Biometric Passport

19 comments:

  1. First piece--Ha!
    Second piece--Extremely clever, Stan. Precise language rocks this piece.
    Third piece--Hoorah! Hoorah! One for the people.

    I enjoyed all three reads, Stan. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda; Second came first - the other two were a by-product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macrobatics.Enjoyed this.Very clever.George Orwell,1984 .Big brother watching you watching me..loved it Stan.
    Bill Withers had a hit 'watching you watching me'
    Bit before your time.
    Biometric passports. Love the title LOL.Very imaginative take on the prompt.You have made Miss Pommeroy happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rall; Thought I'd go for three vignettes - to keep that smile on your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 very clever and amusing, Stan, but I'm used to that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely put a smile on my face. All three top notch. I always enjoy your wit.
    ViV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to:
    Derrick; 'Clever and amusing' - words that never appeared on my school reports...
    ViV; I just point and shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when people get more than one poem from a prompt - what an open mind you have.

    http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the first one made me chuckle.
    about the other two--I'm in denial. Refuse to accept certain aspects of contemporary life, so they don't exist (like my dirty dishes)
    clever, yes, and with an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks TLH; Sometimes the prompts take me in different directions and I try them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Barbara; You and me both - and I like to use a bit of satire here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the master, Stan ... a 3-fer! #1 was funny; #2 was tres clever (Big Brother no less) and #3, The Biometric passport. Of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stan all three are quite clever and the third is just somehow a little unnerving. Ever since terrorists attacks the airports are a bit surreal for me. I understand the need but it does not mean I feel good about it.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to:
    Marianne; 3-fer all, An eye fer an eye...
    Pamela; Airports, like hospitals, have always been designed to intimidate. The terrorist threat makes that more so. Biometric passports, Id cards, and the like just heighten the paranoia of Joe Public.++

    ReplyDelete
  15. Extra points for different perspectives and #3 for a thought-provoking political perspective. Are they scrapping plans, or only learning how to hide them better?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed all three, especially the second, which was really so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to:
    JDM; Good point. I'm waiting for my refund...
    Robin; As I said, I wrote it first - still had a bit left on the roll, so I used it up...

    ReplyDelete
  18. The second was my favorite as well, but all three were well done. We've become a surveilled-upon society.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Francis; We have - cameras in your face at every turn.

    ReplyDelete