LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

TITLES

For Writers Island prompt #13 2010
And Monday Poetry Train Revisited


PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER

Interstellar overdrive
Cigarettes and alcohol
Sex and drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll
Magical mystery tour

Sunday morning coming down
Every day is like Sunday
If God will send his angels
Happiness is a warm gun

I am the resurrection
The man who dies every day
Someone saved my life tonight
Hiroshima, mon amour

The girl with the dirty shirt
Lady with the spinning head
To know her is to love her
Everybody’s everything

I’ve got my mind set on you
Twentieth century fox
Can you feel the love tonight?
I will never be untrue

Believe that I understand
Only love can break your heart
Stay a little bit longer
Let’s spend the night together

In the future when all’s well
Whenever God shines his light
Take good care of my baby
Shine on you crazy diamond.


Acknowledgements:

MORCHEEBA: Put everything together
PINK FLOYD: Interstellar overdrive
Shine on you crazy diamond.
OASIS; Cigarettes and alcohol
The girl with the dirty shirt
IAN DURY: Sex and drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll
THE BEATLES: Magical mystery tour
To know her is to love her
Take good care of my baby
JOHNNY CASH: Sunday morning coming down
MORRISSEY: Every day is like Sunday
In the future when all’s well
U2: If god will send his angels
Happiness is a warm gun
Lady with the spinning head
THE STONE ROSES: I am the resurrection
ULTRAVOX: The man who dies every day
Hiroshima mon amour
THE DOORS: I will never be untrue
Twentieth century fox
SANTANA: Everybody’s everything
GEORGE HARRISON: I’ve got my mind set on you
ELTON JOHN: Someone saved my life tonight
Can you feel the love tonight?
MAGAZINE: Believe that I understand
NEIL YOUNG: Only love can break your heart
UB40: Stay a little bit longer
THE ROLLING STONES: Let’s spend the night together
VAN MORRISON: Whenever God shines his light