LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

TITLES

For Writers Island prompt #13 2010
And Monday Poetry Train Revisited


PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER

Interstellar overdrive
Cigarettes and alcohol
Sex and drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll
Magical mystery tour

Sunday morning coming down
Every day is like Sunday
If God will send his angels
Happiness is a warm gun

I am the resurrection
The man who dies every day
Someone saved my life tonight
Hiroshima, mon amour

The girl with the dirty shirt
Lady with the spinning head
To know her is to love her
Everybody’s everything

I’ve got my mind set on you
Twentieth century fox
Can you feel the love tonight?
I will never be untrue

Believe that I understand
Only love can break your heart
Stay a little bit longer
Let’s spend the night together

In the future when all’s well
Whenever God shines his light
Take good care of my baby
Shine on you crazy diamond.


Acknowledgements:

MORCHEEBA: Put everything together
PINK FLOYD: Interstellar overdrive
Shine on you crazy diamond.
OASIS; Cigarettes and alcohol
The girl with the dirty shirt
IAN DURY: Sex and drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll
THE BEATLES: Magical mystery tour
To know her is to love her
Take good care of my baby
JOHNNY CASH: Sunday morning coming down
MORRISSEY: Every day is like Sunday
In the future when all’s well
U2: If god will send his angels
Happiness is a warm gun
Lady with the spinning head
THE STONE ROSES: I am the resurrection
ULTRAVOX: The man who dies every day
Hiroshima mon amour
THE DOORS: I will never be untrue
Twentieth century fox
SANTANA: Everybody’s everything
GEORGE HARRISON: I’ve got my mind set on you
ELTON JOHN: Someone saved my life tonight
Can you feel the love tonight?
MAGAZINE: Believe that I understand
NEIL YOUNG: Only love can break your heart
UB40: Stay a little bit longer
THE ROLLING STONES: Let’s spend the night together
VAN MORRISON: Whenever God shines his light

28 comments:

  1. One album? or Several? Great mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Stan, remarkable use of titles, and a very effective piece -- well done...

    ...rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to:
    ViV; This is a selection of tracks from a MP3 mix I made. I actually sorted them into titles with the same syllable count, with something like this prompt in mind.
    Rob; I've done others in the past, using lyrics as well as titles. The tracks I chose today seemed to tell a story of someone unlucky in love, who gets another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan, this is cool. Well put together:) Really like music prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan, Great mix, and great mixing of titles. Well done. My feet are itching to dance. ha!
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mixture! Long live Rock N Roll!

    -Weasel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stan great mixture of these titles!
    you had me singing to myself reading this!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly amazing :) I enjoyed this mix very much ;D~

    Thank for sharing!^^

    And here is a reward for you;D
    http://riikainfinityy.com/2010/07/25/one-lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure! Beautifully worked and studded with "pop"culture gems! So well gone, Stanski :)



    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to:
    Irene; Me too - this was fun.
    Brenda; I can't sing or dance, but I enjoy listening.
    Weasel; It will never die.
    Pamela; I think ther's something for everyone in there.
    Riika; Every one a classic, as far as I'm concerned.
    Cloudia; Credit to all the artists who made it possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nicely done Stan...with a great mix of tunes....thanks for sharing mine also

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Wayne; It's good to see so many people have similar taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so easy when you put it altogether. This has a nice sound a subtle rhythm to it. These are always fun,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Elizabeth; I decided to use ONLY titles to see how well it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellently done - and you hooked me straight away with early Floyd.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. If this is what I can expect, there are going to be some outstanding reads this week. Alas, as usual, I did not follow the rules, though Bach did get a mention once in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to:
    Anthony; I was listening to Floyd as I wrote it.
    Annie; I've visited a few - you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent! Amazing that you could write to this prompt so quickly and use so many titles (that worked) from such diverse artists.

    http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2010/07/soolaimon.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Mary; It was somethng I've had in mind for a while. The prompt was coincdental.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantasic! I'd like a copy of that compilation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Keith; Nothing too obscure - should be easy enough to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your taste in music and how your arranged it here. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks KB; This is just a very small part of my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is AWEsome.

    And this is spectacular:

    'I am the resurrection
    The man who dies every day
    Someone saved my life tonight
    Hiroshima, mon amour'

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Julia; I'd like to take the credit but all are words of others.

    ReplyDelete
  26. patience and faith are important,
    well put.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pick-one-or-two-to-share-follow-rule-no.html

    check to see if you would like to take one or two awards from there and share with poets who appreciate your work…
    cheers!
    Happy Tuesday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am sorry Stanski. I really miss you. I hope I wasn;t the reason you left.

    ReplyDelete