LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FROM HERE TO THERE

For Carry On Tuesday
And Totally Optional Prompts


Give Me - Take You

Give me
Another chance...

When a journey
Begins badly
It rarely
Ends well

Such is life…

A journey…

Unusual…

Commencing
On arrival
Concluding
At departure

Origin
Destination
Shrouded in
Mystery

Arrival time
Departure time
Arbitrary

Accidents
And delays
Constant hazards

Some of us
Ambitious
Dynamic
Achievers

Some of us
Plod along
Wallow in
Ignorance

Most of us
Are aware
Destination
Becomes clear

Out of reach

Come with me
You will see

Lifetime
Not wasted
I’ll die happy
If I ever

Get the chance to
Take you

15 comments:

  1. Lifetime not wasted... powerful phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ChefDruck; We have to believe we'll make it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stan - power stuff here nice writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lifetime mustn't be wasted. This was beautifully surreal in parts. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to:
    Jeeves; Life's journey...
    Old Grizz; I've started, so I'll finish...
    Anthony; We may not know where we're going, but we don't have to go alone.
    Missy; It's too short for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. That is in my thoughts as I sit here, mouth agape, thinking, THIS is poetry.

    Glad I could take this trip with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to:
    Janet; You're always welcome'
    Gautami; We do indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you rub the opposites against each other in this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Difficult to choose just the right word but you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to:
    Linda; Life is full of contradictions.
    Rinkly Rimes; I couldn't have done it without "You".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Commencing
    On arrival
    Concluding
    At departure

    I like these lines buddy. Life is a cycle, yes it is. It proliferates right at the moment when we think of putting a halt. wonder filled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to:
    Irene; I appreciate that.
    Cyclopseven; Most journeys commence at departure.

    ReplyDelete