LEADERS - not followers

Monday, August 2, 2010

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

For Big Tent Poetry


This week’s prompt
This week we’re going to try to mix up our writing life
and we’ll start the process with a little poetic introspection.


INVESTIGATION

During the course of my investigation
I didn’t leave a single book unread
I left nothing to the imagination

I gave the subject my full concentration
Took in every word my tutors said
During the course of my investigation

I took to the task with full concentration
Knowing I’d have to go from A to Z
I left nothing to the imagination

It may seem a complete exaggeration
But I never let it go to my head
During the course of my investigation

Some chose theory for examination
I opted for the practical instead
I left nothing to the imagination

She didn’t want to discuss medication
Just took her clothes off, and lay on the bed
During the course of my investigation
I left nothing to the imagination