LEADERS - not followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cradle, Perfect, Snare

FOR THREE WORD WEDNESDAY

RAIN DANCE
(A Song)

It starts raining - Outside
I start hurting - Inside
And although I’ve tried
To hide the tears I’ve cried/denied

You can see through - My lies
When you look in - My eyes
You’re so wise you realise
The guise I prize/despise

It’s a love/hate - on/off - yes/no - circumstance
I blow hot and cold - You admit/deny romance

Opposites attract
It’s a well-known fact
It’s a mystery why we adopt this stance

Is our freeze/thaw take
The mistake we make?
As we learn the lessons that’s how we’ll advance


It’s still raining - Outside
You’re still hurting - Inside
And although you’ve tried
To hide the tears you’ve cried/denied

I can see through - Your lies
When I look in - Your eyes
I’m so wise I realise
The guise you prize/despise

It’s a love/hate - on/off - yes/no circumstance
You blow hot and cold
I admit/deny romance

How do we compare?
You’re CRADLE; I’m SNARE
But you put me in a deep hypnotic trance

Not a PERFECT match
An unlikely catch
We both know the value of a second chance


We don’t count the cost
Of a fortune lost
We just pay the price…And get on…with the dance


It stops raining - Outside
We stop hurting - Inside

29 comments:

  1. I love the way this poem is structured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeeves; It's a song really - well I did it with a tune in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingeniously done. We're hard-wired for such problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anthony; Yes - things always have a way of working themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to come up wit ha tune for this is part of the fun. I read it. Then I sang it. Good stuff.

    Snare

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks thom G; Hope your singing is better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this! I could sing a melody of my own making!

    b

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow--this is awesome!!

    you should do a singing post for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! These lyrics are beautiful...I would love to hear it to music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hearing it as a song as I was reading it - glad when I got down to the comments - reads like something ColdPlay would do. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was singing this one as I read. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to:
    Angie; sorry - I don't even sing in the shower!
    Fledgling Poet; So would I - by someone who can sing.
    Dee Martin; Maybe I should try to write more song lyrics.
    Angel; You can sing? - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely, I can hear it and if I could sing, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Tumblewords; Vocally challenged? - just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really beautiful Stan Ski, I love it. So you don't sing at all? Singing is my specialty...I'm just about done turning my 3WW poem into a song, and I'll be posting a recording soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks April Lindfors; Hey - if you wanna put your voice to this one; be my guest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could hear myself tuning it in my mind as I read it:) it is indeed a song and it flows beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice. Will you be recording it? We could have 3WW on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to:
    Just Someone; glad you liked it.
    Ann (bunnygirl); I'll have to audition someone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sing out the tune too ! lovely lovely words... wanted to hum it myself ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very nice! Love it's structure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks to:
    Lostmermaid; Sing...?I can't even whistle!
    Bobbie; comment appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like all the rhyming, it's like a dance, the way the words go back and forth

    ps, thanks for your visit

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its actually wonderful.
    Your rhyming was amazing.I have never read this kind of poem.
    Keep the good work going

    ~Harsha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautifully written. Emotions expressed perfectly. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks to:
    Lissa; Yes - a Rain Dance.
    Maglomaniac; I've never written anything quite like it.
    Daily Panic; Thank you.
    Megha; And thank you too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete