LEADERS - not followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love and Eternity

TOP
MAD KANE
MONDAY POETRY TRAIN REVISITED
For TOP - Aubade
FOREVER AGO

A
lonely
man must wait

At last she comes

Claims her love will last
for ever … never fade

Dreaded vote of confidence
precedes her planned intention

Terms, conditions, warnings, threats
In place of passion – tension
accusations, denials
questionable endeavour

She leaves as dawn announces
the first day of forever

Alone again so soon
a man considers

How rapidly

‘Forever’
becomes
a

distant memory

For Mad Kane's Haiku and Limerick
A CURE FOR LOVE?

When Doctor Love came to town
To cure the ‘stood up’, ‘let down’
He hired a stadium
And The Palladium
Such was his world renown

The tickets were sold out; gone
No seats for the love-sick; none
Intended for only
The sad and the lonely
It turns out that’s everyone

For Monday Poetry Train Revisited
ETERNAL

I wouldn’t want eternal life
A hundred years would do for me
I couldn’t take the stress, the strife
Of living for eternity

Loss of my hair, teeth, faculties
Would make me wish for death’s dark door
I couldn’t cope without all these
An OAP for evermore

I’d try to end it with a knife
Unless I could be shown the proof
That, given with eternal life
The promise of eternal youth