LEADERS - not followers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Romance - A Totally Optional Prompt

LOVE SONG

Is our love just about romance and sex?
Or is there something else that goes with it?
Heartbreak, disappointment, for a start
Hardship, difficulty, things that don’t fit

Frustration is another obstacle
Fashion trends, a characteristic
Other people’s inappropriateness
And opinions are never realistic

Hazards, such as taking things too far
Too fast, will lead to emptiness and doubt
‘Wham bam, thank-you ma’am’, that’s not for me
I’d rather pass it by and go without

But when I only loved you from afar
Afraid my love was futile, unrequited
It must be you who were blind, and not just love
Reciprocated love got me excited

If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t care
I wouldn’t take the time to self-assess.
The questions that are always on my mind
Wouldn’t see the light of day, if I cared less