LEADERS - not followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Intersections

For TOP Intersections


19:52

I only eat one meal a day.
The timing must be exact.
Obsessive, compulsive habit?
Maybe so, but it’s a fact.

Call me eccentric, if you like,
but at NINETEEN FIFTY TWO,
each evening, I eat my dinner.
‘Intersections’ force me to.

One consequence of FOOD’s journey;
anagram formed by enzyme.
Useless Roy – gone; leaves the Romans
to dictate precise mealtime.

A standard diet; meat, veg, fruit,
contains a combination
of CARBOHYDRATES, FATS, PROTEINS
and, for your information:

Once consumed, the body begins
the process of digestion.
New compounds form, all with new names.
What are they? Is the question.

Nutrient breakdown leaves us with
GLUCOSE, and GLYCEROL, and
AMINO ACIDS to cope with;
words we may not understand.

Not easy to remember names,
without a face we know.
Abbreviations easier
to memorise, and so:

‘ROY NO USE AGES AGO’
is dismissed from further thought.
As we all know, some names don’t fit,
or they’re really not our sort.

Now we’re left with only ROMANS;
Roman numerals, you see?
L C L C L M I C;
not forgetting I and D.

M; one thousand. D; five hundred.
Three C’s; add three hundred more.
L times three; one hundred fifty.
I plus I; two. What’s the score?

It all adds up; the numerals
come to NINETEEN FIFTY TWO.
Everything can be related,
if we really want it to.