LEADERS - not followers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Matinee Muse 9

In The Wrong Hands...
Temporarily


SEEING THE LIGHT

Sleeping gets me dreaming
Waking gets me thinking
All day long I’m working
What is this thing called ‘life’?
Dreaming is just a thought
Thinking is just hard work
Working is just my life
Life is just like a dream
Dreams turn into nightmares
Thoughts become ideas
Working becomes a drag
Life is always too short
Finalise my labours,
Concepts, vitality
When I meet my maker
My life will become death
At the very moment
I give myself to God
All I’ve thought, dreamed, worked for
Will make it all worth while

7 comments:

  1. Seeing the light indeed! You've put things in perspective with this poem. Brilliant. JP/deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always thought that our existence is just but a long dream. :-) nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must admit, I was curious as to where this was heading. Happily, the ending (or is it another beginning?) is positive and totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to:
    jp/deb; Resign yourself to a mundane life, or find a purpose for it - I know its not the same for everyone, but beliefs, whatever they are, are important.
    totami; or perhaps a short one - who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks annie; There has to be a reason for everything - why not a reward as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost mystical in content today. I really liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks anthonynorth; Sooner or later we ask the question - why? Up to the individual what the answer may be.

    ReplyDelete