LEADERS - not followers

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 - Day 30


QUICK QUICK SLOW


While running backwards into danger with a stranger by my side I tried to hide behind a ranger who was several metres wide I'd slide my feet to guide me sweet from platforms seven eight nine ten but I should worry that my hurry wouldn't summon up the strength at length I’m calling falling forward during rush-hour on the tube a cubic yard from guard to exit though it’s hard to judge perspective next it’s up the escalator with a traitor from Jamaica our creator Mother Nature and a Japanese translator...
-Meanwhile- 
A thousand lifetimes later in a distant galaxy with scratch-resistant gallantry I’m courting fourteen different girls with curls and ringlets braids and tassels scarlet ribbons in their hair I swear I've died and gone to heaven I've got seven brides on one arm seven sisters on the other lists of lovers everywhere it’s there the bubble bursts I curse my luck and gaze up into outer space the race is on I’m sprinting faster hinting I'll avert disaster cast a glance from left to right I’m asking can I sight solutions or infusions weak dilutions of insipid executions of a concept in my mind…

 
…but it’s...
                       one step...
                                             at a time…
                                                                   and I’m back…

                                                                                                on Euston station…
                                                                                                                                        
...hesitation… 
realisation...
                          as the train… ...
                                                          draws… … ...
                                                                                   to… … … ...
                                                                                                        a… … … … ...
                                                                                                                                halt… … … ... … …!